Select a main site category.
- Send money to children at university
- Pay back money owed to friends
- Pay the sitter, tutor, dog walker
When you send money using the Interac e-Transfer service all your recipient needs is a Canadian dollar account at a Canadian Financial Institution, and an email address.
Right for you if:
- You need a quick and secure way of sending or receiving money electronically
- You want to move money to or from any Canadian bank account
How it Works
- Sign on to Scotia OnLine and select the "Interac e-Transfer" navigation link within the Banking tab
- Key the email address of the person you want to send money to
- Create a Security Question that only the person you are sending money to will be able to answer
- Key the amount you want to send, and the account from which you want to withdraw
- The money is withdrawn from your account, and an email notification is automatically sent to the email address you provided
- The other person clicks on a hyperlink in the email, and they are taken to their online banking sign on page
- After signing on and answering your Security Question, they can deposit the funds immediately to their account*. No holds, no hassles, and the funds are guaranteed.