Scotiabank®* Gold American Express® Card
- Earn travel rewards up to 4x faster1
- Extraordinary travel benefits - Receive discounts and other special amenities at hotels, on airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages 2
- Full Service Travel Agency - Book online or call Scotia Rewards Travel Service3
- Comprehensive travel insurance - Includes travel emergency medical (up to 25 days)4
- Complimentary Concierge Services - 24/7 assistance with your travel and lifestyle bookings5
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide6
Minimum Credit Limit: $5,000
Grace Period: Interest free at least 21 days7
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques
- Primary Card Holder Annual Fee: $99
- Additional Card Holder Annual Fee: $29
Special 15,000 bonus points
No annual fee for the first year. Plus, get 15,000 bonus points, good for $150 in travel.†
- † The introductory annual fee waiver only applies to the initial annual fee for the primary and additional cards. The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card regular interest rate is 19.99% for purchases. For cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card Cheques the interest rate is 21.99% .The regular annual fee is $99 per year for the first card issued on the account; additional cards are charged an annual fee of $29 per year per card when issued regardless of card activation and will be billed to your first statement and once a year thereafter. Any additional cards must be issued by June 30, 2014, to qualify for the offer. The 15,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points are awarded when you use your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card for a purchase within two months of open date and provided the account is open and in good standing. The points will appear as an adjustment on your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card statement within two statement cycles of your first card purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened by June 30, 2014. Rates and fees are as of September 1, 2013 and are subject to change without notice.
- 1You will earn 4 points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases made annually at American Express merchants classified in the American Express network as: Gas Service Stations and Automated Fuel Dispensers; Grocery Stores and Supermarkets; Eating Places and Restaurants, Drinking Places, Fast Food Restaurants; and Entertainment including Motion Picture Theaters, Theatrical Producers, Ticket Agencies, Bands, Orchestras and Miscellaneous Entertainers. Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by American Express in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. You will earn 1 point per $1 on purchases made after you have reached the 4 points per $1 $50,000 annual spend maximum and on all other purchases made with the card. Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia®* Credit Card Cheques, Scotia Rewards Dollars, returns, payments, casinos and gambling, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges. Scotia Rewards points must be redeemed within 60 days of account closure or they will be deleted permanently. If your account is not in good standing, the accumulated Scotia Rewards points are not eligible for redemption.
- 2 Travel Privileges is brought to you by American Express with offers from participating American Express merchants. Lowest available rate refers to rates available across booking channels and must be available in the Global Distribution System during the booking date for the same booking being requested through Hotel Privileges and Luxury Hotel Privileges. Lowest available fare refers to the lowest published airfare at time of booking based upon search criteria. Minimum booking requirements may apply. Cancellation policies, payment policies, and all other booking conditions will be advised at the time of booking. Blackout dates may apply. All reservations and offers are based on availability and are subject to taxes and assessments. Offers are subject to merchants' standard booking requirements, terms, and conditions. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, promotions, discounts, or programs, and may not be redeemed for cash. Complete terms and conditions are available at scotiarewards.com
- 3 Scotia Rewards Travel Service by telephone for Scotiabank Gold American Express Cardmembers is provided by a duly licensed 3rd-party travel agent AXA Assistance USA, Inc. AXA Assistance USA, Inc. Travel Booking Site provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent: Altour International Inc.
- 4 Under all insurance coverages or services, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply, including a pre-existing condition exclusion for certain benefits. The Insurance certificates contain full details of all coverages underwritten by independent licensed insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers.
- 5 Concierge Service provided by a duly licensed 3rd party premium concierge provider: AXA Assistance USA, Inc.
- 6 Priority Pass™ membership includes access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass program. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Unless cancelled, Priority Pass membership automatically renews on its anniversary date. Priority Pass membership will be cancelled if your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card is cancelled. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions, please visit www.prioritypass.com/Conditions-of-use.cfm
- 7 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.