Only $9.99 per trade1 for Scotiabank® customers
Enjoy $9.99 commissions per trade when you have a combined minimum balance of $50,000 across Scotiabank and Scotia iTRADE® and sign up for paperless documentation1.
1. To qualify, here's what you need:
Have a combined minimum balance of $50,000 within your eligible accounts or products and wealth assets held across Scotiabank®, including Scotia iTRADE1.
Eligible accounts and products:
- Lines of Credit
- Credit Cards (Visa / American Express)
- Chequing and Savings Accounts
- Personal Loans
- Investment Accounts (TFSA, RRSP, Non-Registered Accounts)
- Mutual Funds
- Non-Corporate Business Accounts
Eligible wealth assets:
- Scotiabank and Private Banking, The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Scotiatrust®, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company
- Scotia McLeod® , a division of Scotia Capital Inc.
- HollisWealth®, a division of Scotia Capital Inc.
- HollisWealth Advisory Services Inc.Private Investment Counsel, 1832 Asset Management L.P. and 1832 Asset Management U.S. Inc.
- Scotia Wealth Insurance Services Inc.
2. Sign up for paperless documentation
When you register for paperless documentation for all of your Scotia iTRADE accounts for all document types, you enjoy the savings.
Register for paperless documentation:
- Log on to scotiaitrade.com
- Go to Manage My Account
- Select Document Preferences and then Investment Accounts
For Scotiabank and Scotia iTRADE mobile users only: Log on to Scotia OnLine before the end of each calendar quarter to reconfirm your eligibility.
Let us call you
Have questions about our products and services? Want to learn more about our free educational tools and resources or how to qualify for one of our special offers? Our experienced Relationship Managers will contact you to discuss your needs and explain how our products and services can help with your investing objectives.
To have a Relationship Manager from our dedicated Scotia iTRADE team contact you, please fill out the form below or call us at 1.888.769.3723 Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm EST.
*Indicates required fields
Thank you for your interest in Scotia iTRADE.
We will contact you within 1-2 business days.
- 1To qualify for commissions of $4.99 flat per Canadian or U.S. equities trade and $4.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must execute at least 150 commission-generating trades within a calendar quarter and you must be registered for paperless documentation for all of your Scotia iTRADE accounts for all document types. To qualify for commissions of $6.99 flat per Canadian or U.S. equities trade and $6.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must execute at least 150 commission-generating trades within a calendar quarter. To qualify for commissions of $9.99 flat per Canadian or U.S. equities trade and $9.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must (i) execute at least 30 commission-generating trades within a calendar quarter or (ii) have a minimum of $50,000 in combined Scotia iTRADE account assets or (iii) have a minimum balance of $50,000 within products or accounts held across The Bank of Nova Scotia, Scotia iTRADE, ScotiaMcLeod®, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company, 1832 Asset Management L.P., 1832 Asset Management U.S. Inc. HollisWealth Advisory Services Inc., HollisWealth® and Scotia Wealth Insurance Services Inc. and be registered for paperless documentation for all of your Scotia iTRADE accounts for all document types. Eligible accounts and products include the following: Mortgages, Lines of Credit, Credit Cards (Visa/AMEX), checking and saving accounts, personal loans, investment accounts (TFSA, RRSP, Non-Registered Accounts etc), GICs, mutual funds, non-corporate business accounts. The $50,000 minimum balance will be determined by deposits on file, investments and actual loaned funds. Commission-generating trades are buys and sells of: Equities, Options and Fixed Income Instruments subject to commissions. Buys and Sells of GIC's, ETFs and mutual funds that do not generate a commission, Canada Savings Bonds and Provincial Savings Bonds are examples of trades that are not commission-generating. New qualification status will be effective on the same business day the requirement for a specific number of trades or asset value has been satisfied. You will also qualify in the calendar quarter subsequent to the quarter when new qualification status became effective (the "Subsequent Quarter") . If the requirements for a specific number of trades or asset value are satisfied in the Subsequent Quarter, you will retain your qualification status in the quarter following the Subsequent Quarter. Otherwise, you will need to re-qualify after the end of the Subsequent Quarter. Fees for U.S. transactions are charged in U.S. dollars.