Commission-Free Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- A fast growing investment product
- 50 commission-free1 ETFs available
- From iShares and
First in Canada, Scotia iTRADE® brings you commission-free1 online trading on
50 ETFs from iShares®* and other leading Canadian ETF providers2.
- A variety of ETFs from a number of sectors are available for commission-free1 online trading through Scotia iTRADE
- 39 iShares1 Funds
- 7 Horizons Funds
- 2 Vanguard Funds
- 2 Powershares Funds
Current list3 of 50 eligible commission-free1 ETFs (sorted by sectors)
Click on the ETF titles below to view their respective prospectus4.
ETF trades that are not eligible for our commission-free1 online trading offer will continue to be subject to our normal equity commission pricing.
- In order to qualify for commission-free1 online trading, the ETF traded must be one of the 50 eligible ETFs listed.
- Trade must be placed online or via TELE-TRADER to qualify for the commission-free offer.
- Orders placed with live agents are subject to regular broker-assisted fees.
- ETF purchases must be held for a minimum of 1 business day to qualify for the commission-free1 offer.
- ETFs held for less than 1 business day are subject to our regular equity commission charges, based upon the pricing tier for which the client has qualified. Please refer to our fee schedule.
- Scotia iTRADE reserves the right to make changes to and / or cancel this offer.
Let us call you
Have questions about our products and services? Want to learn more about our free educational tools and resources or how to qualify for one of our special offers? Our experienced Relationship Managers will contact you to discuss your needs and explain how our products and services can help with your investing objectives.
To have a Relationship Manager from our dedicated Scotia iTRADE team contact you, please fill out the form below or call us at 1.888.769.3723 Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm EST.
*Indicates required fields
Thank you for your interest in Scotia iTRADE.
We will contact you within 1-2 business days.
- 1 Refers to Scotia iTRADE's brokerage commission for online trade execution only. Does not take into account fees, charges, expenses or commissions imposed by the fund companies, all of which can be associated with ETF investments. You should carefully consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, fees, charges, expenses and commissions before investing. The prospectus contains this and other important information about the fund. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing. Funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. For a list of ETFs eligible for our "commission-free" offer ("Eligible ETFs"), click here. In order to qualify, trades of Eligible ETFs must be placed online or via Teletrader. You will be charged our regular equity commission (from $4.99, $6.99, $9.99, or $24.99 up to 1000 shares, $0.03 per share for orders over 1000 shares) depending on the pricing tier for which you qualify – see online fee schedule) on the sale of any Eligible ETFs held for less than 1 business day. Add $65.00 for telephone representative – assisted trades. List of Eligible ETFs is subject to change without notice. Scotia iTRADE reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time without notice.
- 2 This advertisement has been paid for in part by BlackRock Investments Canada Inc. (BlackRock). Scotia iTRADE does not provide investment advice or recommendations and you are responsible for your own investment decisions and any losses that may result. This offer is not and should not be construed as investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any particular security or to follow any particular investment strategy. No ETF product, or any information provided by or available through BlackRock or any other ETF provider, has been endorsed, validated or approved by Scotia Capital Inc. or its affiliates, and neither Scotia Capital Inc. nor any of its affiliates is responsible or liable therefore, or for any third party products, opinions, information or prospectus content.
- ®* iShares® is a registered trade-mark of BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. Used under license. BlackRock® is a registered trade-mark of BlackRock, Inc. Used with permission.
- Please note that this list of eligible ETFs is subject to change without notice. These links are provided as a convenience only and are not to be construed as investment advice or as a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any particular security or to follow any particular investment strategy. No ETF product, or any information provided by or available through iShares1 or any other ETF provider', or through any of their respective websites, has been endorsed, validated or approved by Scotia Capital Inc. or its affiliates, and neither Scotia Capital Inc. nor any of its affiliates is responsible or liable therefore, or for any third party products, services, opinions, information or prospectus content, including that of BlackRock Investments Canada Inc. and/or any other ETF providers. Scotia iTRADE does not provide investment advice or recommendations, and you are responsible for your own investment decisions.
- Information is provided to you for general information purposes only, and is not intended and should not be construed as investment advice, legal advice or tax advice of any kind. Scotia iTRADE does not provide investment advice or recommendations and investors are responsible for their own investment decisions.