Scotiabank® & Scotia iTRADE®
Scotia iTRADE® provides clients with state-of-the-art trading and investing capabilities supported by Canada's most international bank, Scotiabank.
At a glance Scotia iTRADE brings you the tools to invest. Scotiabank brings you a trusted name in banking.
Benefits of investing with Scotia iTRADE
We bring our clients a comprehensive and unique direct investing offering for a truly integrated experience.
- Robust investing solutions – Real-time account balances, direct market access, comprehensive options trading, and more
- Excellent value – Commissions from as low as $4.99* FLAT on Canadian and U.S. equities
- Simple trading and tools – Customizable trading platforms and easy-to-use site with fast online execution
- Service is always close at hand – Customer service is available online, by phone or in person
Benefits of investing with a trusted name in banking
For over 100 years Scotiabank has demonstrated financial strength and longevity, staying the course through both prosperous and uncertain conditions in the global market.
- Scotiabank welcomed its first customer in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1832
- Currently one of North America's premier financial institutions and Canada's most international bank
- Scotiabank Group and its affiliates serve approximately 18.6 million customers in some 50 countries around the world
- * To qualify for commissions of $4.99 flat per Canadian or U.S. equities trade and $4.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must, during the immediately preceding calendar quarter, execute at least 150 commission-generating equity or options trades and you must be registered for paperless documentation for all of your Scotia iTRADE accounts for all document types. To qualify for commissions of $6.99 flat per Canadian or U.S. equities trade and $6.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must, during the immediately preceding calendar quarter, execute at least 150 commission-generating equity or options trades. To qualify for commissions of $9.99 flat per Canadian or U.S. equities trade and $9.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must, during the immediately preceding calendar quarter, execute at least 30 commission-generating equity or options trades or have a minimum of $50,000 in combined Scotia iTRADE® account assets. Commission-generating trades are buys and sells of: Equities, Options, Mutual Funds subject to commissions and Fixed Income instruments. Buys and Sells of GIC's, ETFs which do not generate a commission, Canada Savings Bonds and Provincial Savings Bonds are examples of trades that are not commission-generating. You must re-qualify each calendar quarter. New qualification status will be effective on the second business day of the calendar quarter. Fees for U.S. transactions are charged in U.S. dollars.