to Scotia iTRADE
All the tools you need for self-directed investing are right at your fingertips.
See your entire financial picture, all on one screen:
With all of the educational resources available you can enjoy trading with ease from desktop or mobile whether you’re a first time investor, or looking for a more powerful platform to make the most of your investments. Enjoy access to in-depth investment research and analysis, fully customizable market data platforms and your choice of investments. With Scotia iTRADE you get convenient, fast access to all of your accounts with one sign on.
Features and benefits
- Get access to Scotiabank's in-depth research capabilities
- Pay bills, right from your online brokerage account.
- Manage and transfer funds between your Scotia iTRADE online brokerage account and Scotiabank bank accounts.
- Set-up and make future dated transactions
- Access easy fund transfers (CAD and USD) between any bank account in Canada and Scotia iTRADE.
Reasons to join
Some great reasons to join Scotia iTRADE today.
You get low commissions, powerful trading platforms, exceptional service and more.
Enjoy, low commissions and a wide range of products and services for your trading and investing needs.
Visit Commissions and fees to learn more.
Convenient, fast and reliable online trading with intuitive navigation and comprehensive research tools.
In addition, choose from one of our advanced simple-to-use trading platforms including:
Scotia iTRADE Trading DeskTM
Enjoy the convenience of entering up to 6 stock and options orders on one screen. Available at no additional platform charge to all Scotia iTRADE® clients.
Scotia iTRADE FlightDesk®
Highly engaged investors can access our premier trading technology featuring our most powerful investing tools, featuring:
- Customizable layouts and data fields
- Multiple instances of each trading tool
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Sidebars with compact trading panels
- Streaming real-time portfolio values
- Single sign on
Visit Powerful platforms to learn more.
Whether you’re a first time investor or experienced trader, you can access online videos, webinars and Scotia University to give you all the information you need to make it happen.
Visit Education to learn more.
With our Easy Transfer service4, you can easily transfer funds (in Canadian and U.S. currencies) between any Canadian bank account and Scotia iTRADE with a point and click, giving you immediate investing power precisely when and where you want it.
Scotia Capital Inc. will cover the amount of the funds and securities unlawfully removed from your Scotia iTRADE account as a result of a fraudulent and unauthorized online transaction in your Scotia iTRADE account provided that you've met your security and other responsibilities.5
Great care is taken to ensure that all your electronic funds transfers are processed exactly as instructed. And in the unlikely event that your funds transfer is not sent as you have instructed, we will work with you to resolve the issue swiftly.4
Special offers and exclusive programs to save you money.
Please check back from time-to-time for the latest updates.
The Client Insight Panel helps us to engage our clients on an on-going basis for research purposes, and to collect valuable insights on our products, services, marketing and operations. If you are eligible and decide to join, you will be entered into a draw to receive a cash incentive.
Panel members have access to a secure client portal, which hosts new surveys and updates from Scotia iTRADE. Surveys occur every 4-6 weeks and usually take 7-10 minutes to complete.
In order to participate in the Client Insight Panel, all interested clients are sent a Recruitment Screener survey. The survey takes 10-15 minutes to complete. You will be asked demographic information, banking and trading activity, investment information and household income.
- You must live in Canada
- You can not work in: Marketing, Research, Advertising or Media/PR
- You must be over 18
- You must have logged into your Scotia iTRADE account within the last 6 months
Ready to apply
- Name and contact information
- Social Insurance Number (with your Social Security Number for U.S. Citizens)
- A photocopy of your Canadian photo identification (Driver's License (both sides), Passport, Age of Majority Card, Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence Card)
- A Scotiabank deposit bank account or a cheque deposited and cleared from another Canadian financial institution
- Ensure you include a mailing address
- Photocopy of identification; both sides of Driver’s License
- The account opening form will ask you to fill in your banking account information more than once; Don’t forget to enter it in both times
- “How did you hear about us?” Your promo code for this section will be ADVMKT unless you have a special promotion code
- Don’t forget, after you select “Print Summary” to print your application, you must also press “SUBMIT” in order for your account to be processed
Don’t delay in sending all signed documents immediately so you can begin trading on your account.
Single account: Owned by one individual: as the owner, you are the only one entitled to control your account and assets.
Joint account: An account operated and owned by two or more who jointly share control of the account and assets. Example: You and your spouse open an account together; you are equal in controlling and operating the account.
Power of attorney (POA): The account owner appoints another person to act as the account operator on their behalf. A legal POA is used to have full account access and requires legal documentation. A regular POA allows money movement within the account and requires a signature from the account holder. Example: A family member is diagnosed with Dementia, they give you control of their account to act in their best interest.
Trading authority:A specific level of access granted to another individual on your behalf. Example: You provide your spouse authorization to trade within your account.
Guarantor: Someone who certifies all information provided is legally correct. Example: Your neighbour signs as guarantor on your passport application.
Interested Party: A business or individual who will be involved in legal matters. Example: Your lawyer or business partner
Top Bank-Owned Firm for 201819th annual review of Canada’s online brokerages by Rob Carrick of The Globe and Mail.
Best Overall Top Bank-Owned Brokerage4th annual report on the best online brokerages in Canada from MoneySense Magazine, in partnership with Surviscor.
Best Overall Top Bank-Owned Brokerage5th annual report on the best online brokerages in Canada from MoneySense Magazine, in partnership with Surviscor.
SQM Call Center Best Practice
Award 2014 - 2016