The Associate position provides valuable exposure to upstream oil & gas financial advisory services, including corporate mergers & acquisitions, asset acquisitions & divestitures and debt & equity financings. Our Associates work in small deal teams and are involved in every aspect of each transaction, providing the opportunity to learn from senior investment bankers and seasoned technical industry professionals. In addition, Associates will gain a unique perspective on how combining financial and technical expertise provides clients with superior M&A advice.
- Executing a range of advisory related tasks including financial analysis, modelling, industry research, due diligence, etc.
- Effectively communicating and coordinating internally with a multi-disciplinary team (engineering, geology, corporate finance, etc.) as well as externally with representatives of the client and potential buyers / sellers
- Preparing marketing materials and presentations
- Building and analyzing advanced financial models including merger models, discounted cash flow (NAV) models and dynamic operating models
- Strong academic and work background in business, finance, accounting or economics
- Prefer candidates with a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or who have completed an Analyst program at an Investment Bank
- Clearly defined interest in Investment Banking and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional quantitative skills
How to Apply
Summer internships run from May through August. Please check you school’s Career Centre for our posting.
As an Associate you will:
- Participate in the Capital Ideas Program, a two week orientation program designed to introduce participants to our culture, people, products, services and to provide comprehensive valuations and financial modelling training
- Work in small deal teams and be involved in every aspect of each transaction
- Learn from senior investment bankers and seasoned technical industry professionals
- Gain a unique perspective on how to combine financial and technical expertise to provide clients with superior M&A advice