Find the products right for you
Whether you’re paying a bill or making a purchase, you can earn great rewards.
- Get 5 FREE movies when you open a bank account1
- No monthly fees & unlimited transactions
- Earn 1 SCENE®* point for every $5 spent
- Earn and redeem SCENE®* points at participating restaurants2
SCENE®* Visa* card3,4
- Earn 2 FREE movies with your first purchase
- No Annual Fee3
- Earn SCENE®* points on all your everyday purchases3
- Redeem SCENE®* points at participating restaurants2
SCENE®* Prepaid Reloadable Visa* card
SCENE®* Student Bundle5
- Get $130 towards movies, meals and more when you sign up for a SCENE®* Student Bundle5
- Earn SCENE®* points on your everyday purchases
- Get rewarded with a student-focused chequing & savings account, and credit card
L’earn™ Visa* card
- Earn up to a 1% Moneyback reward6
- $0 annual fee
- Spend wisely, earn valuable rewards
- Build a good credit rating
ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit for Students
- Available funds for tuition and student life
- Flexible payment options
Passport® Student Banking Advantage Plan
- Sign up today and get up to 5,000 Scotia Rewards points towards travel1
- No monthly fees & unlimited transactions
Earn rewards. Get more perks.
- Shop online and pay directly from your bank account
- Use while travelling abroad
- Purchases - accepted by over 42,000 Canadian online merchants
- Convenience of a single username and password
- All information is stored securely by Visa
- There is no fee to use this service
- Works across any device
- It’s perfect if you want a quick, safe way to pay for small purchases straight from your bank account
- Safe and secure
- No extra fees
- ® Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia. Read More
- ®* Registered trademark of SCENE IP LP, used under license.
- * Visa Int. / Licensed User.
- † Interac, the Interac logo, Interac Flash and Pay in a flash are trademarks of Interac Inc. Used under license.
- 1 To qualify for the 5,000 SCENE points or 5,000 Scotia Rewards points, you must (1) open a Scotia One Account, Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Student Banking Advantage Plan, Getting There Savings Account for Youth (an "Eligible Account") with a SCENE ScotiaCard or Passport ScotiaCard, respectively, and (2) set up your payroll so that it is deposited into your Eligible Account or set up a minimum of 2 pre-authorized transactions (PATs). Your payroll deposit or pre-authorized transactions must clear the Eligible Account for the first time within 60 days of account opening. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if (i) it has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit or (ii) it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three (3) consecutive months. If the eligible account is opened with a SCENE ScotiaCard, the 5,000 SCENE points will be deposited to your SCENE membership account within 3 statement cycles. If the eligible account is opened with a Passport ScotiaCard, the 5,000 Scotia Reward points will be deposited to your Scotia Rewards account within 3 statement cycles. Existing Scotiabank chequing account holders are not eligible for this offer. For joint accounts, if at the time of awarding the offer each customer has a SCENE ScotiaCard or Passport ScotiaCard, points will be split equally. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be duplicated or combined with any other offer; only one 5,000 point offer may be applied to the new eligible account.
- 2 Offer available at participating Swiss Chalet, Harvey's, Montana's, Milestones, Bier Markt, East Side Mario's, Kelseys, Fionn MacCool's, D'Arcy McGee's, Paddy Flaherty's, and Tir nan Òg restaurants (the "CARA Restaurants"). SCENE members will earn 1 SCENE point for every $3.00 spent on the purchase of food and beverages (excluding alcohol where required by law), less all taxes, gratuities and service or delivery charges. SCENE members may redeem 1,000 SCENE points to receive $10.00 off their bill (excluding alcohol), less all taxes, gratuities and service or delivery charges, to a maximum of $350.00. With the exception of Swiss Chalet and East Side Mario's, points can only be earned and redeemed on dine-in and walk-in/take-out orders. For dine-in and walk-in/take-out orders only: SCENE members must provide their membership number by presenting their black SCENE membership card, temporary SCENE card or mobile card, at time of payment in order to earn or redeem SCENE points. Servers must be notified before ordering when multiple SCENE membership cards are to be used per table. For Swiss Chalet and East Side Mario's delivery orders: Members must enter their SCENE membership number at the time of payment to earn or redeem SCENE points. To redeem, you must select 'SCENE Card' as your method of payment and then the amount you would like to redeem, in increments of $10.00. The selected amount will only be applied against the order subtotal (before tax and delivery fees) and a secondary form of payment will be required to pay for the balance of your order. Only one SCENE membership card per check. SCENE membership cards are limited to earning SCENE points on a maximum of three (3) transactions per day across all participating CARA restaurants. Please visit scene.ca/dining for Terms and Conditions and a list of participating restaurants. ® Registered Trademarks of Cara Operations Limited, used under license.
- 3 To be eligible for the 2,000 bonus points, a purchase must be posted to the new SCENE Visa account (“Account”) within 60 days of the Account open date. The bonus points will be awarded within 2-3 business days of the first purchase posted to the Account. Only one welcome bonus is awarded per SCENE Visa Account. In cases where both the primary and supplementary cardholders are SCENE members, the bonus points will be credited to the SCENE membership account that has been connected to the SCENE visa card. Offer applies only to new Scotiabank credit card accounts approved by October 31, 2018 (the “Offer End Date”). Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed or extended and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- 4 Qualifying Students are full-time students enrolled at a Canadian university, community college, CEGEP or other recognized post-secondary institution. To take advantage of the Student Banking Advantage Plan account benefits, you will need to provide your branch with proof that you are enrolled full-time at a qualifying post-secondary institution each academic year prior to November 30th. When you are no longer enrolled full-time or you have not presented proof of enrolment, the plan will be removed and the account will automatically be converted to an account that is suitable to you based on your recent transaction behaviour. You will be reminded by mail (each October, if necessary) to provide your proof of enrolment and will be advised of the pending change to your account type.
- 5 Visit http://www.scene.ca for full details.
- View Terms & Conditions