Careers in GBM
This program is designed for those completing an undergraduate or graduate degree. Through this program, you will enjoy a dynamic and challenging work environment in which you will execute a broad range of transactions including client presentations, financial modelling and research while pitching for and executing a broad range of transactions.
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models
- Preparing marketing materials and presentations
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Identifying and developing business opportunities with clients
- Providing detailed financial and written analysis of companies and industries
- Enrolment in final year of an undergraduate degree or MBA/relevant Master’s degree
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Clearly defined interest in Investment Banking and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Exceptional quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Recruitment for this program occurs during August and September of each year for roles that are available in the subsequent year. Please check your school’s Career Center for our job posting.
As an Analyst/Associate you will:
- Participate in the Capital Ideas Program, a two week orientation program designed to introduce participants to our culture, people, products, services and to provide comprehensive valuations and financial modelling training.
- Gain experience in managing and cultivating client relationships
- Work on deals and pitches across a variety of industry sectors and interact with many departments like Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Corporate Banking and Corporate Solutions
- Receive ongoing feedback, advice and mentorship throughout the program