Careers in GBM
The Sales & Trading Rotational Program is a 12-18 month program designed for those completing an undergraduate or graduate degree. You will develop both your technical and analytical skills in relation to the sales, trading and risk management functions of day to day market activities. Our business is global, so we think it’s important that Analysts and Associates spend a segment of the program in New York, London or Asia. Upon completion of the program, you will be placed in one of our Sales & Trading desks.
- Providing assistance to the Sales, Trading and Structuring staff on the trade floor in the execution of their day to day functions
- Conducting industry and product research to support business needs
- Assisting in preparation of client presentations and daily market commentary
- Performing various types of analysis using fundamental and technical data
- Monitoring a variety of markets, economic releases, trends and factors that affect market movement
- Enrolment in final year of an undergraduate degree or MBA/relevant Master’s degree
- Demonstrated passion for financial markets
- Record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Independent thinker and decision maker who can contribute effectively to the team's success
- Strategic mindset with ability to thrive in a demanding and constantly changing work environment
How to Apply
Recruitment for this program occurs during August and September each year for roles that are available in the subsequent year. Please check your school’s Career Center for our job posting.
As an Analyst/Associate you will:
- Participate in the Capital Ideas Program, a two week orientation program designed to introduce participants to our culture, people, products and services.
- Develop a solid understanding of credit and trade floor risk through exposure to our unique products and services
- Gain an appreciation and understanding of the global nature of our business and client needs by completing a rotation in New York, London or Asia
- Join our mentorship program where you will be teamed up with an experienced professional who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development
- Work with the Program Manager to build a customized program based on your skills, interests and business needs
- Receive ongoing feedback, advice and mentorship from the Program Manager, your Mentor and a Coach within each business line