Careers in GBM
This Summer Internship is designed to introduce undergraduate and MBA students to the dynamic and challenging career of Investment Banking involving debt and equity financings, mergers & acquisitions, and financial advisory. Students will complete rotations in each of our Investment Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions and Equity Capital Markets groups. Students will also enjoy exposure to a broad range of assignments which includes preparing client presentations, financial analysis and industry research.
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.
- Preparing client presentations
- Undergraduate or relevant Master’s degree to be completed by the Spring term of the following year
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Clearly defined interest in Investment Banking and/or Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Summer internships run from May through August. We begin accepting applications in November for our internships that start in the following year. Please check your school’s Career Centre for our posting.
As a Summer Intern you will:
- Have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals.
- Meet and network with summer students working across Global Banking and Markets
- Develop a solid understanding of Investment Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions and Equity Capital Markets through our unique rotations