Careers in GBM
This Summer Internship is designed to provide MBA students with exposure to various elements of the investment industry. Summer Associates gain hands-on experience in performing financial analyses such as market comparisons, company valuations and financial modelling. The successful candidate will develop a good understanding of financial markets, the factors that influence stock prices and how these factors impact the particular pricing of a stock.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Generating tables and graphs
- Conducting primary research from industry and financial sources
- Assisting at industry conferences
- Preparing marketing presentations
- A strong record of academic achievement
- Solid accounting, analytical and math skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent spreadsheet and graphing skills (Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to learn quickly and show initiative with little to no supervision
How to Apply
Summer internships run from May through August. We begin accepting applications in November for our internships that start in the following year. Please check your school’s Career Centre for our posting.
As a Summer Intern you will:
- Have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals.
- Meet and network with summer students working across Global Banking and Markets
- Play an integral role in providing crucial research and recommendations for our clients