American Express® Travellers Cheques
A safe and easy way to protect your money while you travel
Enjoy convenience & peace of mind
- May be refunded if lost or stolen*.
- Protects against identity theft as not tied to bank account information.
- Avoid fluctuating exchange rates while travelling abroad.
Travellers Cheques are available through our branches or by delivery in the following currencies:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Canadian Dollar (CDN)
For lost or stolen Travellers Cheques or Gift Cheques, please call an American Express Travellers Cheque Customer Service Centre. Find a location near you.
How Ordering Works
American Express Travellers Cheques are available at any of our branches across the country.
- Regular Travellers Cheques:
1.25% subject to a $3.00 Canadian or $3.00 US minimum for regular US dollar travellers cheques. The commission is waived if you have any of the following Scotiabank services:
- ScotiaGold Passport® VISA
- Scotia Value® Account
- Scotia OneTM Service
- American Express Travellers Cheques for Two:
1.75% subject to a $3.00 US minimum
Learn more about available currencies and denominations, and order limits and fees.
Peace of mind when you are away from home.
Learn more about Travel insurance
Fees and Denominations
Learn more about fees and denominations
- ®Used by Amex Canada Inc. under license from American Express.
- *Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Identification and proof of purchase required.