A safe and easy way to protect your money while you travel
Enjoy convenience & peace of mind
- May be refunded if lost or stolen*.
- Protects against identity theft as not tied to bank account information.
- Avoid fluctuating exchange rates while travelling abroad.
Travellers Cheques are available through our branches in the following currencies:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Canadian Dollar (CDN)
For lost or stolen Travellers Cheques or Gift Cheques, please call an American Express Travellers Cheque Customer Service Centre. Find a location near you.
How Ordering Works
American Express Travellers Cheques are available at any of our branches across the country.
- Regular Travellers Cheques:
1.25% subject to a $3.00 Canadian or $3.00 US minimum for regular US dollar travellers cheques. The commission is waived if you have any of the following Scotiabank services:
- ScotiaGold Passport®** VISA
- Scotia Value®** Account
- Scotia OneTM Service
- American Express Travellers Cheques for Two:
1.75% subject to a $3.00 US minimum
Learn more about available currencies and denominations, and order limits and fees.
Fees and Denominations
Learn more about fees and denominations
- ®**American Express Marketing & Development Corp.
- *Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Identification and proof of purchase required.