More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
Private Investment Counsel
Balance your investment goals with potential returns
Our goal is to deliver objective advice for clients looking for a conservative disciplined investment philosophy designed to achieve your goals over the long term.
Prefer to talk to us?
Contact a Scotia Private Client Group Centre
Monthly Portfolio Perspectives
Quarterly Investment Insights Video | as of April 17, 2013
Romas Budd, Vice President & Head of Fixed Income, GCIC Ltd. shares his insights on the current interest rate environment and impact on fixed income portfolios.
Scotia Private Corporate Class Pools - A tax efficient solution for taxable investments
Scotia Private Corporate Class Pools are a new investment solution geared to high net worth Canadians looking to build wealth by deferring and minimizing the taxes they pay on non-registered investments.
These Pools offers two distinct features over traditional mutual funds:
- Tax-deferred switching - Portfolio rebalancing and tactical shifts without immediate tax consequences
- Potential for smaller taxable distributions - Potential for lower taxable distributions
Tailored Investment Solutions
You may be close to retirement, launching a second career, investing the proceeds from a business, or creating a legacy for the next generation. Our strength is implementing investment strategies to meet your needs and more – combining time-tested expertise with forward-thinking solutions. Working with you to implement the plan, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with delegating the day-to-day investment decisions with the assurance that your long term objectives are guiding your portfolios oversight and control.
You've worked hard to build your wealth. We'll do the same to preserve and invest it.
Key client benefits include:
- Documented Strategy – You define the needs and goals that are important to you, as you work with your Portfolio Manager. Once these are documented in your investment policy, we execute the strategy on your behalf. We also work within a broader team of experts with a wide range of expertise to help with any other financial needs you may have.
- Personalization – Your investment portfolio will be designed to help you achieve your personal objectives , and is tailored to your expectations
- Discipline and Consistency – Discipline is inherent in everything we do: our planning process, our specialized teams of research analysts, and the vigilant oversight of our Compliance team. This attention to detail helps ensure your portfolio continually reflects the parameters of your individual investment policy
- Proven Strength – We've been in business since 1877. Throughout our long history, we have focused on growing and protecting the wealth of individuals, families, corporations, pensions, and foundations
Your Portfolio Manager works closely with a team of experts at Scotia Asset Management, and Investment Managers who are focused on the research, analysis and selection of securities in specific asset classes. Scotia Asset Management believes that the cornerstones of investment success reside in four key principles
- People – Our Investment Managers sort through market noise and asses the investment opportunity of each security to make sound investment decisions. The size and scope of our operations, combined with the tenure of our Investment Managers, give us the desired access to senior management at the companies in which we look to invest
- Culture – Our Investment Managers collaborate on a regular basis and are encouraged to operate in an open environment. This fosters the sharing of knowledge and incents Investment Managers to deliver strong long-term results, leveraging a process of continuous feedback and development
- Process – Our focus is on active management, with the belief that markets are inefficient in the short term and that gains can be captured from security, sector, and geographic selection. In the pursuit of these gains, we remain focused on managing risk and capital preservation, while a team of oversight professionals ensures investment activities are conducted with the highest standard of integrity
- Results – We manage your money as if it were our own. We balance risk with return aimed at achieving strong risk-adjusted results over the appropriate time horizons. We know our success is tied to meeting and striving to exceed your expectations for both performance and service
Your Portfolio Manager works closely with a team of experts at Scotia Asset Management, and Investment Managers who are focused on the research, analysis and selection of securities in specific asset classes
Scotia Asset Management believes that the cornerstones of investment success reside in four key principles.
Key client benefits include:
- Conservative investment philosophy - Ourportfolio management service is designed for conservative clients with investable assets of over $1MM. Using a team based approach, we work with you to develop and implement strategies centred on your priorities.
- Customized segregated portfolios - US residents (Canadian citizens living in the US), corporations, trusts, foundations and endowments can maintain non-registered investment assets in Canada, working with a US licensed Portfolio Manager. With over 130 years of experience, we are mindful of US tax implications on short and long term capital gains. Your portfolio can be viewed online with spreadsheets made available to your accountant, at your request.
- Customized lending - If you've moved to the US from Canada and you invest with us, a lending facility can be established against your investment portfolio at attractive rates and terms.
- Transfer of IRA and/or 401K into an RSP back home - If you're a Canadian who has spent many years working in the US and planning on retiring back in Canada, we can help.
- Security of Scotiabank - One of the world's 12 safest banks and among the top 2 safest banks in Canada1. One of North America's premier financial institutions, Canada's most international bank and a leading NAFTA bank, Scotiabank was named 2012 Global Bank of the Year by The Banker magazine2. With almost seven million retail, wealth management and business customers across Canada, our domestic delivery network includes more than 1,019 branches and over 81,000 employees serve 19 million customers in more than 55 countries worldwide. In partnership with Global Banking and Markets, we provide a comprehensive range of banking and investment services. We have a strong footprint in developing global markets with above average growth potential.
For more information contact Doug Rouse FMA, FCSI, CIM, CFP, CIMA and CSWP, Regional Vice-President, Toronto and Southern Ontario at 416 933-3004, 1-800 265-6978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1 November 2012
2 Global Finance Magazine