Supporting organizations responding to the needs of Canadians
Charities & Community Groups
Our innovative banking services, tools and resources help you get the most out of your donations. For larger Charities and Community Groups we are pleased to offer preferred pricing on the Basic Business Account1, including:
- 50% reduction on monthly transaction fees for Registered Charities
- 35% reduction on monthly transaction fees for Community Groups
For the majority of Community Groups and small Charities who perform a limited number of banking transactions per month, the Scotia® Community Account Plan can help minimize banking fees. For a low monthly fee of $2.50, this full-service2 account includes3:
- 10 account transactions per month
- 10 items deposited monthly
- $2,500 maximum cash deposit per month
- Overdraft Protection for business of up to $5,0004
- Electronic Banking for business
- ScotiaCard® for business bank card (full access or deposit-only)
Streamline the collection of your donations with Scotiabank's electronic cash management solutions including:
Programs & Resources
Scotiabank is proud to partner with Imagine Canada to deliver a new Charity Tax Tools website. Get access to an easy-to-use, up-to-date resource designed to help charities with ongoing financial management and regulatory obligations. Visit charitytax.imaginecanada.ca.
- †No purchase necessary. The Contest commences at 12:01 a.m. (ET) October 23, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) October 22, 2018. To be an entrant, you must be the named recipient of this notification, a legal resident of Canada and the age of majority, but not an employee, agent or representative of Scotiabank, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or a member of the household or immediate family of above parties. Selected entrant must answer time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000. Five (5) Secondary Prizes: $1,000. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. Full contest details.
- 1 Groups that are government run or membership-oriented do not qualify. Read more
- 2 Full-service account: A full-service transaction is a mail deposit or any transaction processed by a Customer Service Representative at a Scotiabank Branch. Only full-service transactions listed under the Pay-per-Transaction Fees topic are included in the plan.
- 3 Additional fees will apply on transactions, items deposited and cash deposited beyond the Scotia Community Account Plan limits and other transactions and services are charged on a "pay-per-use" basis.
- 4 On approved credit. Overdraft Protection interest charges apply.