Supporting organizations responding to the needs of Canadians
Charities & Community Groups
Our innovative banking services, tools and resources help you get the most out of your donations. For larger Charities and Community Groups we are pleased to offer preferred pricing on all Account Plan for business options1, including:
- 50% reduction in monthly plan fees for Registered Charities
- 35% reduction in monthly plan fees for Community Groups
For the majority of Community Groups and small Charities who perform a limited number of banking transactions per month, the Scotia® Community Account Plan can help minimize banking fees. For a low monthly fee of $2.50, this full-service2 account includes3:
- 10 transactions per month
- 10 items deposited monthly
- $2,500 maximum cash deposit per month
- Overdraft Protection for business of up to $5,0004
- Electronic Banking for business
- ScotiaCard® for business bank card (full access or deposit-only)
Streamline the collection of your donations with Scotiabank's electronic cash management solutions including:
- Chase Paymentech's Merchant Services
Ensure your donors and members have alternatives to cash and cheque options, and give you access to funds the next day.
- Interac*** Email Money Transfer and Interac Online provide additional convenient payment methods for your customers through online banking.
- Pre-authorized payments automatically debit your donor's bank account on a regular schedule for convenient and efficient collection.
Programs & Resources
Scotiabank is proud to partner with Imagine Canada to deliver a new Charity Tax Tools website. Get access to an easy-to-use, up-to-date resource designed to help charities with ongoing financial management and regulatory obligations. Visit charitytax.imaginecanada.ca.
Take the next step
Prefer to talk to us?
- 1 Groups that are government run or membership-oriented do not qualify. Read more
- 2 Full-service account: A full-service transaction is a mail deposit or any transaction processed by a Customer Service Representative at a Scotiabank Branch. Only full-service transactions listed under the Pay-per-Transaction Fees topic are included in the plan.
- 3 Additional fees will apply on transactions, items deposited and cash deposited beyond the Scotia Community Account Plan limits and other transactions and services are charged on a "pay-per-use" basis.
- 4 On approved credit. Overdraft Protection interest charges apply.