More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
Scotia Running Start for business
Right for you if:
- Your business is less than 2 years old
- You want savings on bundled personal or business banking services
- $0 monthly fee for first 3 monthson Account Plan for business.
- $0 monthly fees for first 5 monthson Credit Line for business or Credit Line for agriculture Overdraft Facility.
- 12 months of free banking on a new Scotia One account.
- Special personal lending offers6.
Business Banking and Borrowing§
- $0 monthly plan fee for the first 3 months on Account Plan for business, Account Plan for agriculture™ or Scotia Professional® Plus Account Plan with monthly plan fee waived for 3 months.1
- Receive an introductory offer and Welcome Bonus Points with the ScotiaGold Passport® for business VISA card†
- Credit Line for business¥ with the standard monthly credit facility fee waived for the first five months on new accounts2
- Credit Line for agriculture¥ with the standard monthly credit facility fee waived for five months on new accounts2
- ScotiaLine® for business VISA card at Scotiabank prime for the first six months on new accounts3
- Term Loan for business and Term Loans for agriculture with principal payment deferral on Government Guaranteed Loans4
Personal Banking and Borrowing
- 12 months free banking on a new Scotia One account5
- Special personal lending offers‡¥
- With an everyday low interest rate of 11.99%, you can save hundreds of dollars a year using the Scotiabank Value* VISA card6†
QuickBooks EasyStart Accounting Software
- Complimentary accounting and bookkeeping software from Intuit Canada©
- Retail Value approximately $80
D + H™* Logo Design Service
- Up to 4 colour logo design with 1 revision
- Up to 4 colour business cards with logo (limited quantity)
- Discounted price of $149, retail value of over $500.00
Chase Paymentech™†: Make More, Save More
Fast, reliable and affordable payment processing with a partner you can trust. Sign up with Chase Paymentech, receive savings of more than $250 with:
- A one-time $200 Rebate7
- No Application Fee
- No additional cost for merchant deposits into your Scotiabank business banking account†*
Scotia Plan Writer® for business
- Leading edge and easy-to-use interactive business planning tool
- Step-by-step instructions and advice on how to write, organize and use your business plan
- Interactive spreadsheets and calculators
- Ability to download to word processing software for printing and distribution
Take the next step
- PhonePrefer to talk to us? 1(877)552-5522 Monday - Friday
- Online Try our unique business planning tools Get Started
- 1 Monthly plan fees, payment, transaction and additional service fees are published in Your Guide to Fees and Interest Schedules or on individual service agreement forms and are subject to change from time-to-time. Offer expires on July 31, 2013 and we reserve the right to extend. Read More
- 2 The standard monthly credit facility fee is $25 per month as of August 1, 2012. Subject to change.
- 3 Scotiabank Prime means the prime lending rate of The Bank of Nova Scotia as published from time-to-time. The interest rate is variable and will vary automatically on the day Scotiabank Prime changes. Scotiabank Prime as of August 1, 2012 is 3.00% and is subject to change without notice. After six months, the interest rate will increase to the prevailing interest rate for the card (Scotiabank Prime + 2.49% to Scotiabank Prime + 5.49%) on an unsecured basis, subject to credit approval. Rates as of August 1, 2012 subject to change without notice.
- 4 Up to 12 months deferral. Subject to credit approval. Standard interest charges are applicable.
- 5 Offer available on a new eligible Day-to-Day Banking account when you use our free Scotia Simple Switch program to transfer at least one pre-authorized transaction from your account at another financial institution to Scotiabank. Free banking means that we will waive your Monthly Account Fee only. All other fees not covered by your banking package will continue to apply, including fees charged by other financial institutions and access fees to use non-Scotiabank banking machines (e.g. Interac, VISA* or PLUS* fees). Cardholder service fees continue to apply for using cross border debit service. Please see the Day-to-Day Banking Companion Booklet for further details about these services and fees.
- 6 Important Disclosure Information: The 11.99% interest rate is applicable on purchases, cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card Cheques only. Annual fee of $29.00 for your primary Scotiabank VISA card to be charged when the card(s) is/are issued, regardless of card activation and will be billed to your first statement and once a year thereafter. Cash advance fee for each cash advance: processed by a teller at any financial institution in Canada: $2.50, obtained at any Scotiabank Automated Banking Machine (ABM) in Canada: $2.50, obtained at any non-Scotiabank ABM in Canada displaying the Interac symbol: $2.50, obtained at any ABM outside of Canada: $5.00, processed by a teller at any financial institution outside of Canada: $5.00, The Balance Transfer fee is 1% of each balance transfer amount over $100.00, to a maximum fee of $150.00; other fees: dishonoured payment fee: $42.50 (fee is charged for each VISA payment dishonoured by your financial institution on the date the payment is returned/dishonoured); dishonoured Scotia Credit Card Cheque fee: $42.50 (fee is charged on the date the cheque is returned for each cheque which is returned due to insufficient credit available in your VISA account); each replacement sales draft, cash advance draft or monthly statement: $5.00; overlimit fee: $25.00 (fee is charged on the day your balance first exceeds your credit limit and then once per statement period (charged on the first day of the statement period) if your account remains overlimit from a previous statement period). Dishonoured payment fee and overlimit fee are treated as purchases and are subject to the prevailing interest rate applicable to purchases. Foreign currency conversion: exchange rate includes an amount equal to 2.5% of the converted amount. Rates and fees are as of April 1, 2011 and are subject to change without notice. Where your account is secured or held as part of the Scotia Total Equity® Plan, additional fees and charges will apply related to the security and registration. Additional information will be provided to you if you are interested in applying for a secured VISA account. Fore current rates and information on fees and interest costs, call 1-888-882-8958 or visit www.scotiabank.com.
- 7 Certain terms and conditions apply. Rebate offer available in Canada until August 31, 2013. Rebate only available for new merchants to Chase Paymentech referred by Scotiabank who have a Scotia Running Start for business package and enter into a merchant agreement to purchase all of their point-of-sale, credit and debit card processing services from Chase Paymentech. All applications are subject to credit approval. Rebate not available for merchants who otherwise qualify for promotional, preferred, group or other special pricing. The Rebate will only be applied to one merchant account and once over the course of the merchant's relationship with Chase Paymentech. Chase Paymentech reserves the right to determine which merchants are eligible for offer and is under no obligation to deem a merchant eligible. Rebate will be applied to the merchant account within 6-8 weeks after processing begins. This offer is subject to withdrawal or change at any time without notice.
- § Package components are available to new Scotia Running Start for business banking package customers and subject to change without notice.
- † Introductory offers are subject to change without notice. Subject to credit approval. Standard interest charges and/or fees are applicable.
- †* Fees are waived for Chase Paymentech customers using the Scotiabank Business Account Plan. You are subject to a $0.85 transaction fee for each of your Visa, MasterCard and Interac deposit transactions if you process payments with anyone other than Chase Paymentech.
- © 2012 Intuit ULC. All rights reserved. Intuit and the Intuit logo, among others, are trademarks of Intuit ULC or one of its affiliates, registered in Canada and other countries. Intuit shall have the right to change or add to the terms of the license at any time & to change, discontinue or impose conditions on any aspect of the Software & related services in accordance with the then effective discontinuation policy available at www.quickbooks.ca/discontinuation-pol
- ™* D+H Limited Partnership. D+H and its logos are trademarks of D+H Limited Partnership.
- ™† Trademark of Chase Paymentech Solutions LLC. Chase Paymentech Solutions authorized user. VISA Int/Lic user The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- ‡ Ask us for details at any Scotiabank branch.
- ¥ Subject to credit approval and/or security provided. Interest charges are applicable.