Scotiabank has a strong, well established centralized risk management culture and its effectiveness is fundamental to Scotiabank’s success. As such, it is one of our key strategic priorities with the primary goal of ensuring that the outcomes of risk-taking activities are predictable and consistent with our strategies and risk appetite, and that there is an appropriate balance between risk and reward.
In order to maximize shareholder returns, GRM balances sound judgement, effective tools, considerable management input & prudent oversight. Our greatest strength is the expertise and commitment of high-performing employees.
Ideal to begin a career, re-enter the workforce or advance to a new level.
The GRM Associate Program is a one-year rotation, with four optional streams: Credit Risk, Retail Credit Risk Analysis, Enterprise and Market Risk, and Quantitative Modelling, based in Toronto and involves three four-month rotations.
Opportunities will be posted at select campus career centres during the months of August and September.
Full Time Associate
As a GRM Associate you will…
- Learn the design and application of Scotiabank’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Develop your leadership skills and create relationships with people across the departments and geographies.
- Have hands-on experience and interaction with senior executives through rotations, mentoring, special projects and organized events.
- Build your own career path tailored to your individual needs; considering your education, experience, and soft skills along with the business requirements and demands within Global Risk Management.
- Receive one-on-one coaching and training, related to your career choice.
As a GRM Summer Associate you will…
- Gain a meaningful work experience in risk management which could include credit adjudication, risk modelling, market data research, creating or enhancing risk reports and development knowledge or products and markets associated with risk.
- Be assigned a supervisor and mentor. The supervisor will provide day-to-day coaching and guidance throughout the placement. The mentor will monitor progress, answer questions regarding career paths and ensure that the Associate obtains maximum benefit from the program.