Scotiabank Rewards® VISA* Card
Right for you if:
- You want to earn travel rewards with no annual fee
- You want a VISA with a flexible rewards program
- Earn travel rewards
One Scotia Rewards® point for every $2 spent on everyday purchases1
- Full Service Travel Agency
Book online or call to make all your travel plans2
- Flexible Point Redemption
Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase3
- Travel benefits
Receive discounts and other special offers on hotels, airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
- Merchandise and other rewards
Redeem points for Scotia Investment or Credit dollars, gift cards and merchandise
At a Glance
Earn Scotia Rewards points - One point for every $2 you spend1
Flexible travel rewards
Earn travel rewards with no annual fee!
Earn travel rewards then use your Scotia Rewards points to book any type of travel you want, including flights, hotels, holiday packages, cruises and more with no restrictions!
Scotia Rewards® points
Earn one point for every $2 you spend on everyday purchases.1
Purchase travel online or over the phone through our full-service travel agency. Or you can choose to book your own travel using your Scotiabank Rewards VISA card, then call or go online to redeem points for the purchase.
Flexible Point Redemption
- 1. Use your points: If you've earned all the points you need, redeem them for your complete trip – including taxes and surcharges.
- 2. Use your Card: You can always use your card to cover the full amount of your travel. And you'll earn rewards points for every dollar you charge.
- 3. Combine points and payment: Short a few points? Want to save some for later? You can pay for your travel with a combination of accumulated points and a charge to your card.
Scotia Rewards® Program and Travel Privileges
Global Hotel discount
Receive up to 20% off the lowest published offer at over 18,000 hotels worldwide, plus enjoy special amenities and preferred pricing
Upgrades and perks on cruises
Enjoy more on every cruise with offers and benefits ranging from shipboard credits, to upgrades, shore excursions, specialty dining experiences, reduced deposits
Receive up to 25% off qualifying rentals with 131 companies worldwide
Get low rates, special amenities & discounts on select packages at resorts worldwide
For a look at just some of the travel experiences available visit www.scotiarewards.com.
Scotia Rewards VISA Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
Scotia Credit Card Cheques4
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your Scotiabank Rewards VISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together
When you link your Scotiabank Rewards VISA account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast! If you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age, simply indicate below that you would like to enroll.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
- † 5% of your outstanding credit card account balance up to 24 months to a maximum of $1,000 per month and a total maximum of $20,000 if you are unable to work due to involuntary Job Loss, Strike or Lockout or become disabled.
- ++ Critical Illness, Disability, Job Loss and Strike/Lockout coverage terminates at age 65, Life coverage terminates at age 70.
Ready to Apply
- Online Apply online
- PhoneCall the Scotiabank Credit Card Centre 1-800-747-3208(9am-8pm EST)
- 1 You are awarded 1 point per $2.00 in purchases of goods and services charged to your Scotiabank Rewards VISA account. Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia®* Credit Card Cheques, Scotia Rewards Dollars, returns, payments, casinos and gambling, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges.Read More
- 2 Travel Booking Site and services provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent: Altour International Inc.
- 3 You are eligible to redeem travel-related expenses on the card made outside of Scotia Rewards Travel Service for points, provided that these travel-related expenses have not been previously claimed and your account is in good standing. In order to qualify, the travel-related activity must be associated with trips made on your card and the charges submitted are recognized by the following VISA Merchant Category Codes or identifiers: airlines (3000 – 3299); 4511 airlines, Air Carriers - 4511; airports/fields/terminals - 4582; auto rental - 3351-3441; automobile rental agency - 7512; motor home/RV rentals - 7519; lodging - 3501- 3814; hotels/motels/resorts - 7011; trailer parks/campgrounds - 7033; travel agencies - 4722 and 4723; passenger railways - 4112; bus lines - 4131; steamship/cruise lines - 4411; and include related taxes, booking fees, airport fees and travel insurance premiums. Credit to your account cannot exceed the amount of the cost of the travel transactions submitted. A minimum of 5,000 points must be redeemed at one time. You will have 12 months to redeem these eligible travel-related purchases for points. Points cannot be redeemed once 12 months have elapsed from the date it was posted to your card account. It may take up to two statement cycles following the processing of your redemption request for the points to be credited to your account. You cannot have travel rewards reversed once your redemption request has been processed.
- 4 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit card cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 5 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 6 $20 credit for a purchase over $200 is limited to one every calendar month per customer.
- 7For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- ® Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia.