Scotiabank provides various specialized products and services for youth and students:
- The Student Banking Advantage Plan provides a no-fee banking plan with unlimited debit transactions and other benefits for full-time students of Canadian universities, colleges or other recognized post-secondary institutions.
- The Getting There Savings Program for youth is designed to help young people in Canada under the age of 19 learn banking basics. This no-fee plan offers unlimited debit transactions per month.
- In most of its international locations, the Bank offers the Scotia Plus Achiever Account, which provides a no-fee, higher-interest account to young savers.
- The Scotiabank Educational Savings Plan is available to customers in 17 Caribbean and Central American countries, helping them save for their childrenʼs education.
- In 2010, Scotiabank and The Omega Foundation launched smartsaver.org, an innovative website designed to assist low-income families in Canada to participate in a registered education savings plan (RESP). Sponsored by Scotiabank, www.smartsaver.org is a critical component of SmartSAVER, a multi-faceted community outreach program that increases low-income familiesʼ financial literacy and helps them start saving for their childrenʼs higher education. The website provides encouraging, accessible and practical information in various languages in both text and video formats, and connects families to RESP providers.
- In Chile, the Scotia Joven Profesional plan is directed at young professionals under the age of 30 who have recently graduated from university and are beginning to enter the workforce. The plan includes 36 months of free banking.