Scotiabank provides various specialized products and services for youth and students:
- The Student Banking Advantage Plan provides a no-fee banking plan with unlimited debit transactions and other benefits for full-time students of Canadian universities, colleges or other recognized post-secondary institutions.
- The Getting There Savings Program for Youth is designed to help young people under the age of 19 learn banking basics. This no-fee plan offers unlimited debit transactions per month.
- Scotiabank Educational Savings Plan is available to customers in 17 Caribbean and Central American countries, helping them save for their children's education.
- In most of our international locations, we offer the Scotia Plus Achiever Account, which provides a no-fee, higher-interest account to young savers.
- During 2010, Scotiabank and The Omega Foundation announced the launch of smartsaver.org, an innovative website designed to assist low-income families to participate in a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP). Sponsored by Scotiabank, www.smartsaver.org is a critical component of SmartSAVER, a multi-faceted community outreach program that increases low-income families' financial literacy and helps them start saving for their children's higher education. The website provides encouraging, accessible and practical information in multiple languages in both text and video formats, and connects families to RESP providers.
- Also in Chile, Scotiabank's Scotia Joven Profesional plan, is directed at young professionals under 30 who have recently graduated from university and are beginning to enter the workforce. The plan includes 36 months of free banking.