More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
All Scotiabank News Releases
Including corporate and product news, economic commentary and analysis by key Scotiabank executives, as well as Scotiabank financials.
Scotiabank Financial News Releases
A selection of Scotiabank financial press releases – new capital issues, dividend declarations and quarterly releases.
Our Commitment To The Community
Scotiabank is committed to supporting the communities in which we live and work, both in Canada and abroad, through our global philanthropic program, ‘Bright Future’. Recognized as a leader internationally and among Canadian corporations for our charitable donations and philanthropic activities, Scotiabank has provided on average approximately $45 million annually to community causes around the world over each of the last five years.
- This website includes forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the "safe harbour" provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include comments with respect to our objectives, strategies, expected financial results(including those in the area of risk management), and our outlook for our businesses and for the Canadian, U.S. and global economies.
- By their very nature, forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, and the risk that predictions and other forward-looking statements will not prove to be accurate. The Bank cautions readers not to place undue reliance on these statements, as a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the estimates and intentions expressed in such forward-looking statements.
- These factors include, but are not limited to, the economic and financial conditions in Canada and globally, fluctuations in interest rates and currency values, liquidity, regulatory developments in Canada and elsewhere, technological developments, consolidation in the Canadian financial services sector, competition, and the Bank's anticipation of and success in managing the risks implied by the foregoing. A substantial amount of the Bank's business involves making loans or otherwise committing resources to specific companies, industries or countries. Unforeseen events affecting such borrowers, industries or countries could have a material adverse effect on the Bank's financial results, financial condition or liquidity. These and other factors may cause the Bank's actual performance to differ materially from that contemplated by forward-looking statements.
- The Bank cautions that the foregoing list of important factors is not exhaustive. When relying on forward-looking statements to make decisions with respect to the Bank, investors and others should carefully consider the foregoing factors, other uncertainties and potential events. The Bank does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements, whether written or oral, that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the Bank.