You need banking solutions designed for student life
You want to make smart financial decisions to last you until you graduate and start a new career.
Our youth and student accounts offer a great way for young people to learn about everyday banking and the benefits of savings.
Every year, many students are faced with the rising cost of attending college or university. See how Scotiabank can help you pay for your tuition, books and residence.
We can help you manage the costs with a solution designed for the realities of student life.
ScotiaLine® personal line of credit for students
Get the flexibility to use only the funds you need, when you need them - with no annual fee!¹
L'earn VISA Card for students
Get rewards, a minimum credit limit of $500 and pay no annual fee¹.
SCENE VISA card for students
Get a SCENE® VISA* card today and see how you can go to the movies for FREE!
Grad Auto Loans
90 day grace period before your first payment4.
Scotia Professional® Student Plan
Scotia Professional Student Plan is an all-inclusive banking package designed specifically for students pursuing a professional degree.
The more you know going in, the easier it will be to make smart decisions. We have the tools and resources to help.
Off to school?
Scotiabank can help you WIN $1,000. If you're serious about managing your money, check out Fund Your Future. It's a microsite designed to help you get ahead while you're in school and when you graduate.
Student Budget Calculator
Determine your tuition, student fees and accommodation expenses by institution and program. Try our online tool and take control of your money. Try it Today.
How's your credit rating?
Your credit rating is like a financial report card. Get a copy of your credit report through Equifax Canada. Get more details.
Looking for more funding
Visit studentawards.com to find out what grants, fellowships, bursaries and scholarships are available to help you finance your education.
- 1 Interest rates, annual fees and features are effective as of March 1, 2011 and are subject to change without notice. Learn more about VISA card fees and VISA card interest rates. Read More
- 2 Qualifying Students are full-time students attending a Canadian university, community college, CEGEP or other recognized post-secondary school. To take advantage of the Student Banking Advantage ® Plan account benefits, you will need to visit your branch each calendar year prior to October 31st and present proof that you are enrolled full-time in a qualifying post-secondary school. When you are no longer enrolled full-time or you have not presented proof of full-time post-secondary school enrollment, the plan will be removed and the account will automatically be converted to a Powerchequing account.
- 3 This account gives you unlimited teller-assisted and self-service debit transactions per month for a monthly fee of $1.25. Plus, for each month that you maintain a $2,000 minimum daily balance, we'll waive your monthly fee
- * interest on the financing will continue to build from the date of the advance and subject to credit approval
- ® Registered Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia ®* Registered Trademark of SCENE IP LP, used under license * Visa Int./Lic user The Bank of Nova Scotia ∆ Cineplex Entertainment LP, used under license TM* Trademark of Visa Int./Lic. User The Bank of Nova Scotia