Get a debit card that rewards you with FREE movies every day.
Open an account with a Scotiabank® SCENE®* debit card and get up to 5 FREE movies.**Visit a branch
Right for you if:
- You love FREE rewards
- Want a rewards program that is easy
Calculate your points
SCENE®* membership card
Free to join and easy to earn points.
Enjoy great entertainment rewards with SCENE. As a SCENE member you'll earn points at Cineplex Entertainment◊ theatres redeemable for free movies, concession combos and more. Your membership allows you to:
- earn bonus points the first time you use your black SCENE membership card to earn or redeem SCENE points2
- earn 100 points every time you see a movie at any Cineplex Entertainment◊ theatres^^
- redeem for a FREE movie with just 1,000 points†
- enjoy 10% off movie snacks3
- NEW - earn 1 point for every $1 you spend at Sport Chek and redeem 1,000 SCENE points for $10 off your Sport Chek purchase when you show your SCENE membership card in store1
You may never pay for a movie again†
- Earn 1 SCENE®* point for every $5 you spend on debit purchases†
- Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend at participating Cineplex Entertainment®^ theatres††
- Redeem points for free movies and more at Cineplex Entertainment◊theatres^^
Easy access: With the SCENE ScotiaCard with Interac Flash*** technology, small purchases can be made by waving or tapping your card over a contactless card reader at participating merchants. More details
One-time SCENE point bonus offer. Terms and Conditions
The fastest way to earn FREE movies
- Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases^*
- Earn 5 SCENE points for every $1 you spend on SCENE VISA purchases at participating Cineplex Entertainment^ theatres or online at cineplex.com1
- Get 4,000 bonus points -- that's 4 FREE movies -- with your first SCENE credit card purchaseΩ
- Redeem for free movies, music & other entertainment rewards starting at just 1,000 points8!
Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend at Sport Chek and redeem 1,000 SCENE points for $10 off your Sport Chek purchase when you show your SCENE membership card in store3
Convenient with Visa payWave™ simply wave your card and go!
SCENE®* Prepaid Reloadable VISA*
Your card, your cash, your choice.
Load funds to your SCENE®* Prepaid Reloadable VISA*. Then you can spend up to that amount. Need more funds? Add more money.
- Earn 1 SCENE®* point for every $5 you spend on prepaid purchases†
- Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatres*††
- Redeem points for free movies and more at Cineplex Entertainment theatres*††
- NEW – earn 1 point for every $1 you spend at Sport Chek and redeem 1,000 SCENE points for $10 off your Sport Chek purchase when you swipe your SCENE membership card in store
GET YOUR CARD
Simply visit any Scotiabank branch to get your Scotiabank SCENE®* Prepaid Reloadable VISA* today. Load your card with as little as $10 to start.
RELOAD YOUR CARD
Reloads are easy and FREE*. Choose from two convenient ways to load your card:
- Use Scotia OnLine or Mobile Banking to add funds to your card.
Transfer funds from your account to your Prepaid Reloadable VISA* . Your funds will be available immediately.
- Make a bill payment.
Set “Scotiabank Prepaid Reloadable VISA” as your bill payee at most Canadian Financial Institutions and reload as often as you like by making a payment. Your funds will be available within 2 to 4 business days.
Easy access to your balance. Check your SCENE®* Prepaid Reloadable VISA* card balance online at scotiabank.com/myprepaidcard, Scotia OnLine, mobile banking or call 1-855-477-1164. Keep track of your card easily - setup email alerts to get daily balance, purchase and load notifications!
You may never have to pay for a movie again. See how easy it is with a SCENE membership.
Become a regular at the movies with a SCENE¨ VISA card. Collect and redeem rewards for movies, music, food and more. Watch Video
Earn SCENE¨ points on everything you buy. See how many free movies you could be watching with the SCENE¨ ScotiaCard¨ debit card. Watch Video
Ready to apply
- Online 100% safe and secure Apply online
- ® Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia. Read More
- ®* Registered trademark of SCENE IP LP, used under license.
- * Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
- ◊ Registered trademark of Cineplex Entertainment LP, used under license.
- †† Maximum points per transaction are 300. Maximum daily points are 600.
- † Interac, Interac Flash and Pay in a flash are trademarks of Interac Inc. The Bank of Nova Scotia is an authorized user of the trademarks.
- ^^SCENE points can be redeemed at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatres or online at scene.ca for other points offer (or rewards).
- ΩTo be eligible for the 4,000 bonus points, a purchase must be made within 60 days of opening your SCENE VISA account. 2,000 bonus points will be awarded within 2-3 business days of your first purchase and the additional 2,000 bonus points will be awarded within 2 statement cycles of the first bonus. The bonus is limited to one VISA account opening per SCENE membership. In cases where there are both primary and secondary SCENE VISA cardholders, the 4,000 bonus points will be credited to the customer making the first purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened by October 31,2015, subject to credit approval. Redemption rates subject to change
- ++For new customers only. When you obtain a SCENE ScotiaCard on a new SCENE eligible Scotiabank bank account the 1,000 points will be added to your SCENE membership after you make your first debit purchase, which must be made within 60 days of opening your account. 1,000 additional points will be added to your SCENE account for having your payroll deposited to your new SCENE eligible Scotiabank account or a total of 2 pre-authorized credits (PACs), or 2 pre-authorized debits (PADs), or 1 PAC and 1 PAD. Your automatic payroll, PADs and/or PACs must be set-up within 60 days of account opening. All pre-authorized transactions must occur within the same month. The 1,000 bonus points will be credited to your account at month end of the month in which the PADs/PACs took place. The PADs/PACs must be transacted in one account (the same).
- 1Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend on purchases at Sport Chek locations by presenting your SCENE membership card. SCENE points can also be redeemed at Sport Chek locations for discounts on purchases. Some conditions and limitations apply. Visit www.scene.ca for complete details.
- 2SCENE ScotiaCard debit card: Earn 1 SCENE point for every $5 you spend on debit purchase transactions and Interac Flash† transactions from an eligible account using your SCENE ScotiaCard debit card. Normal Interac Flash transaction limits apply. Other conditions and limitations apply. Visit www.scotiabank.com/scene for complete details. SCENE VISA card: Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend with your SCENE VISA card. SCENE points are calculated on card purchases, less returns. SCENE points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, returns, interest charges or service/transaction charges. Subject to credit approval. Some conditions and limitations apply. Visit www.scotiabank.com/scenevisa for complete details. SCENE Prepaid VISA card: Earn 1 SCENE point for every $5 you spend using your SCENE Prepaid VISA. SCENE points are calculated on card purchases, less returns. SCENE points are not awarded for SCENE Prepaid VISA card loads and fees. Visit www.scotiabank.com/scene for complete details. General information: A card must be connected to a SCENE membership in order to earn and redeem SCENE points. SCENE points accumulated using a card will be updated within 2-3 business days. SCENE points can only be redeemed at participating Cineplex Entertainment₸ theatres, online at www.scene.ca for other points offers (or rewards), and at Sport Chek locations.
- 3 Discount applies to the full purchase price (excluding taxes) and excludes Tim Horton's and alcoholic beverage purchases at participating Cineplex Entertainment◊ theatres.
- 4 Every SCENE member who is a SCENE Prepaid Reloadable VISA card cardholder will receive Points for purchases made with their SCENE Prepaid Reloadable VISA card provided their card is connected to a SCENE membership. SCENE points are calculated on prepaid card purchases, less returns (“Net Purchases”). SCENE Prepaid Reloadable VISA card loads and fees, do not qualify for SCENE Points. Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1.00 you spend at participating Cineplex Entertainment◊theatres and online at cineplex.com and 1 SCENE point for every $5.00 you spend at all other retailers who accept SCENE Prepaid Reloadable VISA cards. Visit www.scotiabank.com/prepaid for complete details.
- The Scotiabank Prepaid Reloadable VISA is issued by The Bank of Nova Scotia. It is a reloadable VISA prepaid card.
- The card has no value until purchased at a Scotiabank branch. It can be used within 1 business day from purchase. There is no additional charge to reload your card. The card may be used to make purchases anywhere in the world where VISA cards are accepted including online. It cannot be used to withdraw cash at an ATM or to receive any other cash withdrawals or make financial payments at a financial institution. Your right to the funds loaded on your card will not expire.
The following outlines the fees and charges that are applicable to your Scotiabank VISA Prepaid Card.
- Purchase Fee
$10.00 purchase fee to be collected at the time you purchase the card. The fee will be deducted from your first value load. Your new card will be active within 1 business day of purchase.
- Annual Fee
$10.00 annual card fee will be deducted from your card balance on an annual basis beginning the first anniversary of the purchase date.
- Replacement Fee
$10.00 charge to replace a Card (including lost, stolen or damaged Cards.)
- Inactivity Fee
Following 36 months of inactivity on your card; a $3.50 fee will be charged to your card each month until the balance is reduced to 0.
- Foreign Currency Conversion
Purchases made in a foreign currency will be deducted from your card in the amount converted to Canadian dollars based on an exchange rate determined by VISA Inc. on our behalf, on the date that the transaction is settled with VISA Inc. The exchange rate includes an additional 2.5% of the converted amount.
- Card Closure Fee
A $10.00 Fee is charged for closing the Card and returning the remaining Card balance to the Cardholder. Card closure will occur 30 days from the request to allow for the clearing of outstanding transactions. If there is a balance on the account, a cheque will be mailed to you.
- Cardholder services (IVR and live agent) call fee
You can speak to a Customer Service Agent twice a month for free. You will then be charged $2.00 for each additional call that month. Accessing our automated services is free.
- For Scotiabank VISA Prepaid Customer Service, please call 1-855-477-1164.
- Read more about SCENE points on the Terms and Conditions page
- Redemption rates are subject to change