The Long and Short® Mortgage
Right for you if:
- You want low interest short-term rates
- You want the security of a longer fixed rate mortgage and can't decide.
- Two interest rates Get any fixed rate, closed term mortgage for one portion, and a Scotia Flex Value© Mortgage for the other†.
- Added Benefits With this program being under The Scotia Total Equity Plan you may be able to also reduce the cost of your borrowing and potentially save hundreds of dollars every year.
- Match-a-Payment You can pay an extra regular mortgage payment on any of your regular payment dates during your term.
- Miss-a-Payment You can miss a mortgage payment as long as you have matched one previously in your term.
- Conventional and insured financing available.
Choose from weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payment options.
Rates, Terms & Options
part of the mortgage amount reset every month as Scotiabank Prime Rate changes
part of the mortgage amount at a fixed rate for the full term chosen
We understand that everyone's mortgage needs are different. Let us help you find a mortgage that's just right for you.
Mortgage-Free Faster Calculator
Discover how small changes can have a big effect. This tool will show you how you can be mortgage-free faster.Try This Tool
What Can I Afford?
Find out how much, so you can arrange your mortgage and shop for a home with confidence.Try This Tool
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Determine your payment options, amortization and more, all with one calculator.Try This Tool
Learn how to save by using the equity in your home to borrow at lower interest rates.Try This Tool
Opening the door to homeownership.Try This Tool
Mortgage Comparison Calculator
Use this calculator to compare two different mortgages and determine which feature or product is the most suitable to meet your needs.Try This Tool
Ready to apply
1(877) 303-8879Mon-Fri (9am-8pm) 1(877) 303-8879Mon-Fri (9am-8pm)
- OnlineGet Pre-Approved Apply Today
- All mortgages are subject to applicable credit approval, Scotiabank residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts. Read More
- † Some conditions apply.
The Scotia Flex Value - Closed term - Scotiabank Prime as of September 9, 2010 was 3.00%. As of November 28, 2011 the Scotia Flex Value Closed rate was 3.10%. If there are no "cost of borrowing" charges (for example, appraisal fees), the APR for the rate of 3.10% equals 3.08% (compounded semi-annually, not in advance). Where a typical appraisal fee of $300 is assumed (actual appraisal fees may vary), the APR equals 3.14% (compounded semi-annually, not in advance), for a term of 5 years - assuming a mortgage of $100,000 with a 25-year amortization and that the mortgage is solicitor/notary facilitated.
- The Scotia Flex Value - Open term - Scotiabank Prime Rate as of September 9, 2010 was 3.00%. If there are no "cost of borrowing" charges (for example, appraisal fees), the APR for the rate of 3.80% equals 3.77% (compounded semi-annually, not in advance). Where a typical appraisal fee of $300 is assumed (actual appraisal fees may vary), the APR equals 3.83% (compounded semi-annually, not in advance), for a term of 5 years - assuming a mortgage of $100,000 with a 25-year amortization. Mortgage Rates Information