6 Months Flexible/Closed Mortgage
Right for you if:
- You want short term fixed rates
- You want the flexibility to convert to a 1 year or longer fixed rate closed term without a prepayment charge
- Fixed interest rate Get a fixed rate and payment for six months - convert to a 1-year or longer fixed rate closed term at any time without a prepayment charge.
- Prepayment OptionsYou can prepay to pay off your mortgage faster. Our most popular solution allows you to prepay up to 15% of the original principal amount of your mortgage and increase your payment by up to 15% of the payment set for the current term of your mortgage each year*. Speak to one of our Scotiabank advisors about all the options we have available.
- You could also have the following additional options**:
- Match-a-Payment You can pay an extra regular mortgage payment on any of your regular payment dates during your term.
- Miss-a-Payment You can miss a mortgage payment as long as you have matched one previously in your term.
- Conventional and insured financing available.
- Choose from weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payment options.
- Scotia Mortgage Protection can help make sure the home you worked so hard for is protected.
We understand that everyone's mortgage needs are different. Let us help you find a mortgage that's just right for you4.
Ready to apply
- OnlineGet Pre-Approved Apply Today
- In Person See a Home Financing Advisor Find a Home Financing Advisor
- Make an appointment at your local branch Find a Local Branch
Mon-Fri (9am-8pm) 1(877) 303-8879
- All mortgage applications are subject to meeting Scotiabank's standard credit criteria, residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts. Read more
- * The original principal amount of your mortgage is the principal amount when your mortgage was first entered into with Scotiabank or, if your mortgage was assigned to us from another lender, the principal amount outstanding at the time of assignment. For a Scotia Flex Value® mortgage, the increase in your payment will be calculated based on the amount of your principal and interest payment at the time of the payment increase. Other conditions may apply.
- **The Match-a-Payment and Miss-a-Payment are not available during an interest-only portion of any progress draw construction mortgage and may not be available depending on the mortgage solution you select. Other conditions may apply.
Mortgage Rates Information