More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
Accelerated Rate GIC
Right for you if:
- You want an attractive effective yield
- You want an annual interest rate that increases each year
- Redeem and extend A 5 year GIC with the option to reinvest on the 3 or 4-year anniversary of your GIC and, if rates are rising, benefit from an increased interest rate.
- Keep earning a preferred rate If rates stay the same or decline, you will continue to earn the original progressively rising rates.
Security of principal
Guaranteed rate of return
Available as part of an RRSP, RRIF, TFSA or Non-Registered portfolio.
Minimum investment of $1,000 ($5,000 for monthly interest payments)
Interest payment options ranging from monthly to annually
Issued by The Bank of Nova Scotia, Montreal Trust Company of Canada, National Trust Company and Scotia Mortgage Corporation*.
Refer to Accelerated Rate GIC Fact Sheet for more information.
View current GIC rates
GIC rate specials
the fifth year annual interest rate
effective yield over 5 years
in buying GICs?
- PhoneCall one of our Personal Investment Advisors 1(800)953-7441 Mon-Fri (9am-8pm EST)
- Online Buy online with Scotia OnLine Sign In
- * Only available for non-registered Scotia Accelerated-Rate GICs.