Consider this GIC if you:
- Want the flexibility to access up to 20% (5-year term), or 33.33% (3-year term), of your GIC each year.1
- Want the option each year, if a higher rate for this GIC is available, to reinvest a portion of your investment at the higher rate.
- Want to earn one of the highest interest rates we offer by getting the 3 or 5-year interest rate on the full amount of your investment, even in year one.
- Just one GIC to manage.
- Available as part of an RRSP, RRIF, RESP, TFSA or Non-Registered portfolio.
- Interest payment options ranging from monthly to annually.
- Minimum investment of $5,000.
- Eligible for CDIC Insurance. Issued by The Bank of Nova Scotia, Montreal Trust Company of Canada, National Trust Company and Scotia Mortgage Corporation. Please see CDIC Deposit Insurance Information for further details.CDIC (Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation) Eligibility does not apply to US currency.†
The Ultimate Laddered™ GIC
1 If you redeem less than your permitted portion, the unused portion cannot be carried forward and accessed at a future anniversary date. The redemption percentage is based on your then-current principal amount and accrued interest (if applicable) each anniversary.
† Only deposits held in Canadian currency, having a term of five years or less and payable in Canada are insurable under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act.