L'earn™ VISA* Card
Get up to a 1% Moneyback reward1
The more you use your card, the more you'll get back in return.Apply online
At a glance
Earn even more
Students can now get a VISA card that was designed with students in mind. The L'earn VISA* card offers a Moneyback® reward program and a host of other great benefits.
- Get up to a 1% Moneyback reward1
- $0 annual fee
- Spend wisely, earn valuable rewards
- Build a good credit rating
The more you use your card, the more you'll get back in return.
As an example, if you were to put all of your spending on your card, and spent just over $200 per week on average over the course of a year (e.g., for books, tuition, transportation costs, utility bills or groceries), you'd receive a Moneyback reward of over $100 that year - which would be credited to your July VISA statement.
You can also use your card to pay your bills - it's one of the easiest ways to maximize your Moneyback rewards without spending any additional money. It's almost like getting a discount on monthly bills you normally have to pay anyway.
The L'earn VISA card automatically gives you a Moneyback reward of up to 1% on purchases you make with your card1. Low Moneyback reward tiers make it easier to earn even more rewards.
Here's how the Moneyback reward program works:
|Annual||Net Eligible Purchases||% Moneyback Reward|
|On the first||$500||0.25%|
|On the next||$500||0.50%|
|On any amount over||$1000||1.00%|
A new "secured" VISA card for Students
A secured VISA option is available for Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, and foreign students. Ask at your local Scotiabank branch for more details.
- Minimum Credit Limit $500
- Interest-Free Grace Period At least 21 days2
- Annual Fee 0
- Interest Rate
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers
For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your L'earn VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Link your L'earn VISA account to your ScotiaCard® and use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go!3
My Mobile Wallet is now included with the FREE Scotiabank Mobile Banking app and lets you tap your smartphone on the terminal to pay. Just look for the Visa payWave™ symbol at the checkout.
Scotia® Credit Card Cheques4.
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Instant Cash Advances
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your L'earn VISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Scotia Credit Card Balance Protection (optional)5
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%+ of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
+ 5% of outstanding balance up to 24 months
++ The maximum benefit payable is $20,000
- Build a good credit rating now will help meet your future financial goals.
- Spend wisely and pay off your balance
- Make smart purchase decisions and pay off your balance in full each month.
- Avoid paying interest
- Spend what you can afford
- Get the most out of your card and earn valuable rewards.
Still not sure about what type of credit to choose from, visit our Student Credit section to read tips on how to become student savvy with credit. Or drop by your nearest Scotiabank branch for more information. We'd be happy to help.
Ready to Apply
- 1 Purchase returns, payments, cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, card fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges do not qualify for a Moneyback reward. Read More
- 2 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 3 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine VISA card, Scotiabank Value VISA card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic.
- 4 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 5 For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance, which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.