StartRight Auto Finance Program
Get up to
for your next vehicle2
- Qualify for a loan with no Canadian credit history.
- Get a new car or one that’s up to 4 years old.
- Take up to 5 years (60 months) to pay back your loan.
- Customize the payments the way you want.
Get the best deal at your dealership
It’s the ideal way to stay on budget
- You could get cash back, 0% financing or outstanding loyalty rebates.3
- Ask for Scotiabank financing at over 4,000 dealerships across Canada.
- Scotiabank is the #1 choice when financing at the dealer.1
It’s easy to apply
Here’s what you’ll need to apply for the StartRight Auto Finance Program
- Proof of Permanent Residence or Foreign Worker status and date of arrival in Canada.
- Canadian residency of 3 years or less.
Enjoy flexible payment options
Tell us how you want to pay
- Make a minimum down payment of 25%.
- Pick a payment plan that works for you: weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Change how much you pay4, how often, or even what days you make a payment.
- Pay off your loan or make a pre-payment at any time without a penalty.
Manage your loan online anywhere, anytime
Just login to check out your loan or make a change
- Find out how much is left on your loan and when your next payment is due.
- See your payment amount and remaining term.
- Make an extra payment or boost your payment amount.
- Change your payment days or frequency.
- Use your loan account number to activate online access.
Need a little breathing room?
- You can postpone one payment each year that you have the loan.†
You might be interested in:
- 1 Scotiabank has the highest market share in Prime Retail Automotive Finance among Canadian Banks as calculated using industry reports. Read more
- 2 Subject to credit approval and security.
- 3 Special offers and incentives may vary by dealership or manufacturer, may
be available for a limited time and are subject to change or cancellation. Contact your dealership for full details.
- 4 Payments can be increased for up to 200% of original payment amount.
- † Interest will continue to accrue during any payment deferral period. One regular monthly principal payment extension is allowed in every calendar year. Payment extension request must be received at least three business days before the next payment date, loan amortization will be extended by one month, life and disability coverage, if applicable, will be extended by one month, interest portion of the payment will still be debited from the pre-authorized account-only the principal portion is extended. Payment extensions are not processed in the following cases: request is for first loan payment, loan is in arrears, loan is within three months of the maturity date, loan currently has a pending loan extension, request is received less than two days of a regular loan payment, loan has a quarterly/semi-annual/annual payment frequency.