No-Fee ScotiaGold® VISA card
$0 annual fee
Plus save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide.Apply online
At a Glance
Discount Rates at
Avis Car Rental
Rental Car Collision Insurance
Rental Car Discounts
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your
No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Rental Car Collision Insurance 2
Covers full value of the vehicle against damage, loss or theft provided the entire cost of the car rental is changed to your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA card AND coverage offered by the rental car agency is declined (some exclusions apply). Certificate of Rental Car Collision Insurance (87 kb)
- Minimum Credit Limit $5,000
- Interest-Free Grace Period At least 21 days3
- Annual Fee $0
- Interest Rate
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers
For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958.
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your No-Fee ScotiaGoldVISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Link your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go!4
My Mobile Wallet is now included with the FREE Scotiabank Mobile Banking app and lets you tap your smartphone on the terminal to pay. Just look for the Visa payWave™ symbol at the checkout.
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
† 5% of outstanding balance up to 24 months
++ The maximum benefit payable is $20,000
Ready to Apply
- 1 Regular foreign currency conversion charges apply to travellers cheques. Read More
- 2 For all insurance coverages certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive Certificates of Insurance, which contain a full description of coverage, when you're approved for the card. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- 3 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 4 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine VISA card, Scotiabank Value VISA card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic
- 5Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 6 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy.
- 7 For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.